We’re hiring a Financial Analyst in the Norfolk, VA area to support our COMNAVSURFLANT client. The finance team currently embraces a hybrid work model of two days on-site at Naval Station Norfolk, three days remote (this is not guaranteed, but likely to continue for the foreseeable future). Due to the nature of the role, only U.S. Citizens may be considered.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Analyze current and prior fiscal year execution of baseline and overseas contingency operations (OCO) funds and other financial accounts as they pertain to Ship Operations and Combat Support Operations.
- Provide recommendations for standardization and automation of financial management processes.
- Provide detailed analysis of large financial data sets from CMP, SABRS and other databases using commercially available software such as Microsoft Excel or Access.
- Support Surface Warfare Enterprise financial reporting including routine execution monitoring, mid-year review and Certified Obligations.
- Recommend financial adjustments, to address significant, unforeseen operational readiness issues such as fact of life changes, emergent requirements, or program deficiencies.
- Develop Surface TYCOM strategies to deal with budget adjustments, mid-year review tasking and obligation validation.
- Provide analysis to ensure optimal buying power and utilization of assigned funds.
- Citizenship: Must be a US Citizen
- Minimum of 3-5 years of financial experience
- Knowledge of SABRS Cost Accounting and CFMS Financial Reporting
- Proficient with MS Excel and Access
- Bachelor’s degree in in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field (Required)
- CISA, CDFM, CGFM, CIA, and/or CPA (Preferred)
|Job Category||Financial Consultant|
|Benefits||Paid time off, Health and Dental insurance, Retirement benefits, Flexible schedules|