We’re hiring a Senior Financial Analyst in the Norfolk, VA area to support our COMNAVSURFLANT N43 client. In this position, you’ll be the Senior Financial Analyst responsible for Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) of the Atlantic Surface Fleets $1B+ annual Depot Maintenance budget. The finance team currently embraces a hybrid work model of two days on-site at Naval Station Norfolk, three days remote (this is not guaranteed, but likely to continue for the foreseeable future). Due to the nature of the role, only U.S. Citizens may be considered.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Analyze financial data and provide functional and technical recommendations regarding maintenance of DoN Surface Ships within the PPBE cycle.
- Provide analysis of fiscal trends, program changes, and external factors to accurately predict future requirements affecting national security and efficient management of resources.
- Assess surface ship stakeholder equities and concerns to ensure maintenance requirements are accurately stated and vetted. Provide recommendations to ensure adherence to guidance and direction from higher authorities.
- Analyze the budget formulation and execution of fund is from various O&M,N maintenance accounts and provide recommendations for process standardization and automation.
- Review, understand, and interpret financial processes as directed by higher authority and develop processes to ensure accuracy of the financial posture in various accounts.
- Analyze large and complex data sets from authoritative government financial databases using commercially available software and the client’s managerial and cost accounting products.
- Integrate and portray this data in a decision-ready product for senior level review. Draft, review, and prepare supporting information and provide recommendations for financial presentations for all levels of management and associated disciplines.
- Citizenship: Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Expertise in Surface Warfare financial operations (PPBE)
- Minimum experience of 5 years of TYCOM financial operations experience
- Knowledge of SABRS Cost Accounting and CFMS Financial Reporting
- Auditing and accounting experience from either afloat or ashore U.S Navy supply operations
- Proficient with MS Excel and Access
- Experience with CFMS, SABRS, and the Ship Maintenance Model (SMM)
- Expertise in Surface Warfare Enterprise Operations and Requirements
- Over 10 years of Ship Operations account functional and budget execution experience
- Over 10 years of audit and accounting experience, afloat or ashore, in U.S Navy supply operation
- Master’s degree in Procurement or Financial Management
- Bachelor’s degree in in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field (Required)
- CISA, CDFM, CGFM, CIA, and/or CPA (Preferred)
|Job Category||Financial Consultant|
|Benefits||Paid time off, Health and Dental insurance, Retirement benefits, Flexible schedules|