Provide financial improvement support to assist DoD organizations with achieving and sustaining audit readiness. Specifically:
- Lead internal control assessments across multiple business segments.
- Develop corrective actions for identified internal control deficiencies.
- Assist DoD Management in implementing corrective actions, in order to remediate internal control deficiencies and ensure proper financial management to support audit readiness.
- Communicate with DoD Management regularly to update business segment process.
- Digest governmental accounting regulations to support DoD in implementing in their business processes where applicable.
- Ensure that balances reported are supported and presented in accordance with applicable SFFAS and FASAB requirements.
- Evaluate existing procedures and internal controls that ensure the availability, integrity, confidentiality, and effectiveness of agency information for reasonableness.
- Examine applicable process documents to ensure that associated laws, regulations, policies, standard operating procedures, internal controls, and general ledger impacts are fully documented and cover the end to end business process.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of operational and financial controls to identify areas of improvement, best practices, and lessons learned.
- As required, research new accounting pronouncements and identify opportunities to improve client internal controls, accounting procedures, financial statements, and overall operational efficiency.
- Provide suggestions to client management to improve internal controls and/or operational efficiency.
- Maintain relationships and communicate with key client personnel to understand business operations, processes, and functions.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance. (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant business or technical field (i.e. Accounting, Finance, Business Management, etc.).
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- 5+ years of relevant federal auditing and/or financial management experience.
- Experience with SFFAS, FASAB, USSGL, OMB A-123, CFO Act, FMFIA, FFMIA, FISCAM, GAGAS (Yellow Book), FIAR and OMB Circulars.
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- CPA, CDFM, CGFM, CIA, and/or CISA (Preferred)
|Job Category||Financial Consultant|
|Salary||$65,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year|
|Benefits||Paid time off, Health and Dental insurance, Retirement benefits, Flexible schedules|