Provide financial improvement and audit support to assist Department of Navy (DoN) clients with achieving and sustaining audit readiness. Support efforts to strengthen internal controls and improve the timeliness and accuracy of financial information. Develop internal controls test plans to support internal test work in preparation for a financial statement audit and conduct internal control assessments of business processes. Support DoN clients respond to external audit requests to include facilitating process walkthroughs and identifying evidentiary documentation. Support efforts to develop and implement corrective actions that transform the client’s business environment while improving the timeliness and quality of financial information, as required. Support the timely and successful completion of tasks and deliverables. Works without considerable direction; mentors and may supervise team members.
- 5+ years of audit, accounting or financial analysis experience.
- Experience in accounting, including government accounting standards and audit standards, or practical field work in government accounting and auditing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of financial statements, focusing on federal accounting and audit
- Ability to be a team player, work in a fast-paced environment, and adapt to changing requirements
- Active Secret Clearance or ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Past performance Priority: Navy (but not required)
- Bachelor’s degree in in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field (Required)
- CISA, CDFM, CGFM, CIA, and/or CPA (Preferred)
|Job Category||Financial Consultant|
|Salary||$90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year|
|Benefits||Paid time off, Health and Dental insurance, Retirement benefits, Flexible schedules|